Policies are put in place in order to keep enrollment/Labs/Staffs assignment manageable, and keep tuition down. Therefore, they are strictly enforced.
Note: We try to explain policies to reasonable
details without being lengthy. Often, common sense dictates.
If you still have any doubt regarding SR's policies, please contact us
register. Your registration means that you agree
to Storming Robots' Terms. Exceptions are ONLY granted for incidents out of your control, such as serious illness, and loss of income. Some form of verification is required.
In order to maintain an environment which is not only educational, but also safe and fun for all attendees, students are expected to meet the expectation in academic and personal integrity, respect for all members of the community. To this end, students must adhere to our Honor Code (see below). We regret that we could not accommodate students who are unable to meet these expectations. Rules for Proper Conduct:
- Show academic work of integrity.
- Show courtesy and respect for others.
- Avoid using profane or rude language.
- Behave responsibly, and always exercise self-discipline.
- Be respectful to the robot. The robot, just like any electronic equipment, can be damaged by rough play, such as manually push the robot, throwing it against a hard surface.
(Clear instruction in proper treatment will be given to the students at the beginning of the class)
- No horseplay.
- No continuous disruptive behavior.
If a student who is involved in a serious disciplinary situation, his/her participation may be terminated at administrator's sole discretion without refund
. Hopefully, such circumstance will never happen.
However, it is important to have this policy in place in order to be fair to other participants.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
The following refund policies apply in the event of cancellation or
withdrawal. Reserving a seat means that you have committed to hold the seat. You will be fully responsible for the tuition and be subject to the following payment policies:
For Roboclub (Sept to Mid-June programs)
Apply to all term-based programs except Summer Workshops.
- I) For all member:
- All MUST BE trimester-based.
- $60 deposit is required to proceed with seat assignment.
- In case of recurring: 1st payment will take place about one month prior to term starts.
- In case of full payment: It is due 2 weeks prior to term starts.
- In case of lacking seat confirmation and payment from parents: Maximum two emails attempts and one phone call will be placed for following up. Seat will be removed after all attempts have failed to obtain proper confirmation and payment.
- II) For new member:
- Due to scheduling difficulty and most classes reaching full capacity, we regret
that we can no longer provide trial period.
- First time Roboclub member registration fee of $30 is non-refundable in any
- III) Cancellation/Late Payment policy for both new and returning:
|$60 is non-refundable once the seat is confirmed. Deposit will be refunded if session is being cancelled by Storming Robots.
|*** Notification of Withdrawal MUST be received in writing by either e-mail or postal mail.
|Prior to Term starts:
| > 4 weeks
||100% Refund - Deposit (if applicable)
| > 2 weeks
||Refund 50% of Full Term Tuition - Deposit
- No tuition carry-over to the next term.
- "No show" does not negate payment obligation.
- IV) Payment Policy for Late Registration. There will be an one-week grace period after the first
class. Otherwise, $14.00 late payment will be applied.
| $60 non-refundable administrative cost.
|| Refund Deadlines
|Prior to May 15th
||100 % minus Administrative Cost
| May 15th to June 15th
|| 50 % minus Administrative Cost
| After June 15th
|| No Refund
||The only Exception: "unforeseeable"
medical reason. Letter of verification from your child's doctor is required.
- "No show" does not negate your obligation of payment.
- No Workshop/Week Transfers are allowed within two weeks prior to your workshop.
- If a participant repeatedly violates the code of conduct or commits
serious disciplinary offenses, participation will be terminated at the
administration’s discretion without refund.
- All of staff assignment and classes preparation work has been completed
according to registration by May. This refund policy is put in place in order to conduct proper coordination of staff and classes management, as well as being fair to those who may have been declined as a result of full enrollment.
School Technology Trip Workshops
For All Programs
- In any event when cancellation is due to the student's
unforeseeable medical reason, pro-rated refund minus administrative cost will apply
after a doctor's letter is received for verification.
NO refund, nor rescheduling for "No show". "No Show" means you do not demonstrate any effort to inform us until the day of the program.
Staff is not
permitted to administer medications. Arrangements MUST be made
accordingly before the beginning of your registered session.
Policy on Recurring Payment Method...
In order for us to keep the recurring service free for all our students'
families, we must work with a manageable process. The following lists
the simple rules:
- Credit card payment method is required. Full term payment must be received if payment is made by check.
- All payments will be processed on a following 10th, 20th, or
30th (or 28th in February) within a month. For example, your registration submitted on the 12th, your first recurring payment will be on the 20th.
- The first recurring tuition payment must be submitted minimum three weeks prior to the beginning of a term.
$9.00 Administrative cost for each declined recurring payment.
Storming Robots provides recurring payments service at our expense,
but with no additional cost to you. However, each payment decline incurs additional fee, and administrative cost. Therefore, it is important that you will contact us to update your CC information. For each decline, $9.00 will be automatically added to your account..
Our strength is to move the class work fluidly with each individual group's pace, as well as the dynamic of each group. No single group will be confined to a rigidly predefined project like most other conventional programs. This allows students to grow and learn at
their fullest potential. Thus, even two classes in the same level may not work in identical pace. Therefore, the following policy will be strictly followed in order to minimize disruption to any class:
- Only students in Algorithms in C/C++ - Level II+, and competition students will be allowed to arrange for makeup sessions. No makeup will be provided for other tracks or levels.
- Maximum two makeup sessions, and must be scheduled. Rescheduling the makeup session must be requested with minimum 2 days ahead.
- Only when the instructor deems a make-up session for the student will be productive. Otherwise, no makeup session will be provided.
- Makeup sessions are provided as a form of courtesy, and cannot be redeemed if you cannot make it to the available alternative time.
- No makeup session can be carried over to the next term. Missed classes cannot be redeemed.
- No walk-in allowed to a session which you did not sign up for.
- No schedule shifting. For example, you cannot come in 30 minutes earlier because you wish to leave class 30 minutes earlier.
Recommendation Letter Request...
Please submit your request here.
Make sure you will submit it with at least 3 weeks before deadline.
Refer A Friend Discount/Rebate Eligibility..
For summer valid referral, you will receive our appreciation rebate at the end of August.
What is a valid referral?
- Students you refer need to be new to SR.
- All referral must be stated prior to the start date of his/her paid summer camp or school year sessions.
- Not Siblings.
- No cyclic referral. In other words, campers cannot refer each other.
*** All summer referral : The rebate will be issued no later than first week of following September.
Food Allergies Preventive Guidelines...
- In order to avoid avoid cross contamination, routine practices are exercised including hand washing, no food sharing, and the routine cleaning of surfaces where food is consumed.
- All students must NOT bring food/drink into the lab (no gum chewing either).
- Everyone MUST wash their hands after restroom visit and food break. Should NOT just count on only hand sanitizer because it does not break down protein, e.g. from peanut. Wash your hands!
- Only during the full day workshops when students are given snack and lunch break. All surfaces will be wiped with safe cleaning agent.
- If applicable, the epinjection/autoinjector needs to be accessible for quick access within several minutes of a reaction and kept in a secure but unlocked location.
Any Child of unsuitable age for a class (such as: infants, toddlers, or
younger siblings) will not be permitted in computer labs. They MUST
be under their
own parent's/guardian's supervision at all times while they are at the center. The center is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property.
Copyright notice - This website and its content is copyright of Storming Robots, LLC. All rights reserved. Storming Robots shall retain ownership of works created as institutional works. Institutional works include works that are funded by SR, such as robotics projects, the practice mats for Robotics Projects Track, as well as our learning site
. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You have received a written permission from Storming Robots' administration to do so.
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts strictly for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, BUT ONLY if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
Willful copyright infringement may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.