Registration for the 2021 Winter term is NOW open!
In the post you will find:
- How to register (returning students & new students)
- About the Roadmap
- Term calendar & important dates
How To Register!
Returning students do NOT need an evaluation and do NOT need to fill out a registration form. A renewal email should have gone out to each returning student so be sure to check your email! All you need to do from there is respond to the email with your class choice!
New students will need to complete an evaluation before they can register! This is a 30-minute evaluation session to determine readiness and eligibility for our year-round online programs. Evaluation sessions will include spatial reasoning and logic questions.
Who is Exempt from Evaluations:
- All current Algorithms in C/C++ Level I + students.
- All new students who have attended our 2020 Summer programs and received recommendations for our roboclub programs.
- All 2020 Spring term students who have received recommendations to rejoin SR online programs.
To register for an evaluation, visit HERE.
Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive a class recommendation and from there you just need to check out our calendar to determine what fits into your schedule! Check out below to see the different tracks we offer!
About the Roadmap!
Storming Robots provides year-round robotics engineering and technology education for talented youth from Grades 4 to 12. We call it the RoboClub. We offer engineering challenges that are not commonly present at grade-school levels. Our high school programs deliver college level challenges.
Robotics Projects Track – Gr. 4-8
This track deals with robotics programming with open-ended challenges! Students have the opportunity to hone their skills in building and strengthening their problems solving skills with programming and robotics.
Computer Science Track -Gr. 8+
Focuses on software development with computational thinking, efficiency, and algorithmic thinking, not just programming. Levels from elementary to algorithms commonly only available at the college level, and ultimately in the professional world as well.
For more details, please check out our website!
Term Calendar & Important Dates!
Above is our winter term calendar so classes will be running for 10 weeks, from January 5th – March 14th.
For the detailed meetings schedule, click HERE. This schedule will let you know when your student’s particular level of class is meeting.
- February 1st: Summer Workshops Registration Starts
- February-15th: Spring Term Renewal Starts
- March-1st: Spring Term New Student Registration Starts
- March-14th: Daylight Saving Time 2 AM.