10 to 10:45 am – Evaluation Session for incoming Gr.4 to 6Register for Evaluation…
Alternative timeslots: Aug 30: 9 to 9:45 am
10 to 10:45 am – Information Session for Parents
About : Learn more details about our programs for Gr. 4 to 8.
Target Audience : Parents of perspective students who may be interested in joining our programs.
Alternative Timeslots: Aug 30: 9 to 9:45 am
1 to 1:30 pm – Development of Solutions to Space Debris through Education Platform
Target Audience: Gr. 9+ to College level. One of the only six oral presentation from high school projects selected to be delivered at the 2019 International Space Station R&D Conference recently held in Atlanta, Georgia.
1:45 to 2:30 pm – Navigating a Maze with Computer Vision Control .
Target Audience: Gr. 8+ to College level.
Discuss two algorithms:
- allowing for successful complete navigation of a multi-floor maze
- more robust letter recognition using solely the OpenCV library.
Will also talk about possible future improvements for both algorithms:
- memory management
- the letter detection algorithm can be modified to account for more cases of camera distortions and distorted letters.
3 to 3:45 pm – Information Session for Gr. 9+
Target Audience: Parents of current Gr. 9+ SR students .
- A layout of 4 year recommendation
- Go thru samples Roadmap plans
- The four common Robotics Competitions in the USA
- Common Competitions & Exams for Computer Science
- Competitions Available at SR and how the qualification criteria